Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Animal Planet Visits Keeper of the Wild

A couple of weeks ago was a huge day at Keeper of the Wild. Animal Planet visited the center and taped the animals and Janet for the day (you already know about the scheduled shows!).

I wanted to share one story. Brian King, our vet, was inside the nursery performing surgery on either a little bunny or raccoon, the lights were set, the film crew was filming, audio was perfect when all of a sudden you heard, "Help Me Mama. Well before you know it, Lester's cage is being taken outside and out of the nursery. What a bird!

2 comments:

Alabama 4 said...

I have my OWN story to share about animals in the Charleston area!! I had a perfectly nice day when on the way home, I checked my cell phone messages. In the display was Jan's number! I panicked since Jan doesn't use my cell for calling me. I immediately thought Mom or Dad became sick and she was calling me. SSSSooo I tried calling Jan back to no avail!! Then I left another message on her home phone, again pleading to tell me what was wrong. I found out that BANDIT had called me! She had stolen Jan's cell and hid it in the fireplace whereupon she repeatedly haunted me with phone calls. What until I see her in October! Bandit, you better be preparing for the marathon to get away from me, little girl!!

Mom said...

Bandit now has her own phone so we can all rest easy and not worry that Jan is on her way to the poor house after receiving her phone bill! We are all pleased that Bandit did not dial John in Australia!! Love you all!